Basic documents and information
- Annual Report 2021/22 [PDF]
- Short introduction into our goals and working fields
- Our Mission Statement
- Statutes (Vereinssatzung) [PDF]
- Principles of Governance [PDF]
Transparency is essential for a vivid and open civil society. Therefore, MitOst follows the reporting standards of the German Initiative Transparent Civil Society, which includes the following publications.
1. Name, address and year of establishment
Year of establishment: 1996
2. Statute and documents that give evidence about our aims
3. Information about tax concession
MitOst is a public charity. Based on the notice of exemption from December 14, 2021 (tax ID: 27/672/53156) issued by the Berlin tax authority for corporations (Finanzamt für Körperschaften I), MitOst e.V. is exempt from corporation tax for the period 2017–2019 due to § 5 Abs. 1 Nr. 9 KStG and from commercial tax due to § 3 Nr. 6 GewStG.
4. Name and function of the main decision makers
- Alona Karavai (1. Chairperson)
- Ivo Krug (2. Chairperson)
- Safak Ersozlu (Assessor)
- Yana Mktrchyan (Assessor)
- Maja Pegan (Assessor)
- Stelios Voulgaris (Assessor)
- Annegret Wulff
- Jotham Sietsma
5. Annual report
The annual report relates to MitOst’s budget year, which starts at April 1st and ends at March 31st.
6. Structure of authority
As of October 14, 2022, 18 persons are employed at MitOst of which 4 are currently on maternity leave. Additionally, facilitators for some activities through MitOst conducted programs are under contract.
As of October 14, 2022, MitOst has 1,446 members.
7. Information about the source of funding
Please note the data presented in the documents “Bilanz per 30.04.2022” [PDF] and “Bilanzerläuterung per 30.04.2022” [PDF].
8. Information about the use of means
Please note the data presented in the MitOst 2021/22 annual report (page 37). Please also note the data presented in the documents “Bilanz per 30.04.2022” [PDF] and “Bilanzerläuterung per 30.04.2022” [PDF].
9. Affiliated third parties
There are no third parties connected with MitOst.
- VFMW Verein zur Förderung der mittelständischen Wirtschaft e.V.
- Europäische Bewegung Deutschland EBD
- Koalition für ein visafreies Europa
- DARE Democrazy and Human Rights Education in Europe
- Russia Civil Society Forum
- Initiative MOE
- Kulturpolitische Gesellschaft e.V.
- VAV e.V. Verein für alternative Versorgungskonzepte
- ALDA European Association for Local Democracy
- Deutsches Netzwerk der Anna Lindh Stiftung
10. Organisations whose annual payings account for more than 10% of the annual budget
In the reporting period, the following juristical persons fell under these criteria:
- European Commission (DG NEAR)
- Auswärtiges Amt (German Federal Foreign Office)