Funding Opportunities

Alumni activities are organised from alumni for alumni and should enable their multiplication. These activities are oriented towards the alumni aims and serve for their implementation. There are no limits for forms and formats. Besides, activities between the different alumni groups are very welcome.

Participants

The supported participation in alumni activities is open for all alumni of the MitOst alumni network, no matter if they are member of MitOst or not. Other persons may partake in alumni activities as well, as long as there is no money from the alumni budged spent for their participation.

Financing

At least 25 percent of the total amount of an alumni activity need to be financed by the alumni her- or himself or raised elsewhere. Own resources as well as external funding received including nonmonetary benefits need to be indicated in the calculation of costs as well as in the financial report.

Alumni activities are implemented voluntarily. Remunerations to third persons can only be paid in justified cases, when the activity could not be implemented without their engagement.

80 percent of the granted funds can already be paid out through the headquarters after the official funding approval and before the beginning of the activity. The remaining 20 percent will be paid out at the end of the implementation period, after accounting is completed and checked.

Application

Alumni can apply for financial subsidy of their activity at MitOst. The application must be submitted together with a budget plan at least 8 weeks before the planned activity will be implemented to alumni(at)mitost.org. There is no deadline for applications.

All relevant forms can be downloaded here.

Jury

The current responsible board member decides about the support of up to 500 Euro for complete applications independently, about applications with higher financial demands together with another member of the board.

Advice & Support

If you have any questions concerning the application, please do not hesitate to contact Izzat Khushbakov (responsible board member) and Kathrin Oerters (headquarters) at alumni(at)mitost.org.